logo
Most Viewed Last 7 Days
436MHz DATV Up-Converter (133)
DVB-S USB rx (98)
ATV Contest 2005 (61)
1.8M EME Dish Project (60)
24GHz LNA box (55)
23cm DG0VE Amplifier (55)

23cm In the beginning



    Cluster Activity

    Spots per uW band today:
    UK spotter or spotted only.

    Solar data:
    SFI
    76
    A-Index
    9
    K-Index
    2
    Exp.K
    0
    Sunspots
    14
    Activity
    qui
    GMF
    qui
    Aurora?
    no

    My Weather

    Date:19/11/17 Time:00:03
    Temp:0C
    Wind Speed:0mph
    Wind Dir:157deg
    Pressure:1018.57mB
    Humidity:118%
    Dew Point:3.6C
    UKHASnet
    23cm In the beginning

    For 23cm I started out with ATV Amateur Television with a 24 element JVL design Loop-yagi antenna made from copper brake pipe and aluminium U section about 2m long. This worked very well for Receiving ATV and has a reasonable amount of gain, but I managed to get hold of 2x28 element G3JVL yagis off-the internet on G3CWI site including a 1W ATV transmitter.
    This was bought in dec 2003, the gear finally came in may 2004! The guy who I bought it off had some family problems and the gear was not one of his main priorities, all was ok in the end but I was about sick of waiting!.
    Anyway, these antennas were phased together and improved the 23cm setup dramatically and with the transmitter I could join in with the other local stations finally.


    Next on 23cm I bought a transverter from gm4wll, a kit made by DownEast Microwave in the USA.
    Now I could then hear the GB3MLE beacon over 80km away at S7 all the time, wnith the old homebrew atenna it is only about S1.
    Since then I have added a preamp on 23cm and switching relays at the top of the mast for tx/rx and replaced all the coax with mostly Andrews heliax LDF4-50 which reduced losses A LOT, this is the way to go with microwaves :)

    The original Setup:

    Setup Diagram










    Last page added:16/08/17 15:45
    M0DTS.co.uk